Stocks and Securities
Our donor options allow you to give a one-time gift, set up monthly giving, or give a memorial/tribute gift.
Stocks and Securities
Helping teens and families has never been easier or more beneficial. Now you can donate your appreciated securities including stock, bonds, and mutual funds to support Just Say YES-Youth Equipped to Succeed. As a donor, you are entitled to take a charitable deduction for the full fair-market value of appreciated securities held longer than one year, and you usually avoid paying the capital gains tax that would be due if you sold the securities.
Donating publicly traded stock or bonds held by a bank or broker
If your stock is held at a bank or in a brokerage account, send a letter of instruction to your broker or banker with a full description of the securities and your gift’s intended purpose.
Please advise us of your gift by contacting Director of Program Development, Sue Bailey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 972.437.0002 ext. 223.
To donate stock certificates you hold
Send the unsigned certificates by certified mail to the attention of:
Director of Program Development
Just Say YES
P.O. Box 670863
Dallas, TX 75367
* Copy and send one blank stock Power of Attorney for each company whose stock you are transferring. Only the signature line should be filled in, with the signature(s) matching the name(s) that appear on the face of the certificates. Include both names if the stock is jointly owned.
* The Power of Attorney must be notarized.
* Send the certificates and stock powers in separate envelopes. Send the signed stock power in one and the stock certificate(s) in the other with a letter (also signed by the owner(s) of the stock) stating that the stock is being donated to Just Say YES.
Effective Date and Value of Your Gift
Your gift of stock or publicly traded securities will be valued based on the mean market price of the securities on the gift date. We will provide you with a receipt for your tax records. Just Say YES determines your gift date according to the guidelines below.
*By mail, it is the later of the postmark dates of your separately mailed stock certificates and stock powers.
* By electronic transfer, it is the date that the securities enter Just Say YES account.
* By hand, it is the date that a Just Say YES employee receives the stock certificates and stock power of attorney.
* By registering securities in Just Say YES’ name yourself, it is the date on the new certificates. (This method takes the longest.)
If you have questions or need more information, email Sue Bailey at email@example.com or call us at 972.437.0002 ext. 223.