Bullying Prevention Programs
Does the word bullying make you immediately think of fights on a playground or shoving matches in the hallway? If you watch the news at all, you know that our definitions can no longer be so narrowly defined. Schools now contend with physical, verbal, social alienation, and cyberbullying. In order to combat this issue in our schools, it’s important to know what to look for. If your school faces problems with bullies, book one of our school bullying prevention programs, or check out our curriculum for grades 2-12. If you’re a parent and want more information, sign up for our newsletter to receive monthly emails about this and other topics pivotal to teens.
An End to Bullying
- 15% of all school absences are directly related to fears of being bullied.
- 47 teens are bullied every 5 minutes.
- 20% of students report having been victims of physical bullying.
- 6 out of 10 teens report witnessing bullying at least once a day.
- 282,000 students are reportedly attacked in high school each month.
- 60% of middle school students say they have been bullied, while only 16% of staff believe that students are bullied.
- 2/3 of students who are targets of bullying become bullies.
- Victims of cyberbullying show more signs of depression than other bullying victims.
- Half of teens have experienced some form of cyberbullying and 10-20% experience it regularly.
- 1 million kids were cyberbullied over Facebook last year.
- Adolescent girls are significantly more likely to experience cyberbullying.
Bullying and Suicide Statistics
- Every 30 minutes, a teenager attempts suicide due to bullying.
- The leading cause of death among children under the age of 14 is suicide.
- In schools where there are bullying programs, it is reduced by 50%.
What we do
Book a Just Say YES school bullying prevention program at your school to inform and empower your students to stand up against bullies. During student assemblies, speakers encourage students not only to avoid bullying, but to actively discourage bullies. Each of our speakers integrates the facts with personal experience and struggles to reach students with a powerful and personal message. Contact a program coordinator to find out which speaker will most benefit your school. We also provide the highly successful bullying curriculum, The Protectors, for elementary, middle and high school students. Take a look in our store and see if this curriculum would help your school.
Want more information?
|Keep up with us by joining our Newsletter mailing list.|
|Follow us for more information on teens and risk behaviors.|