National Youth Speaker
“I want students to know that there’s hope, that they should never stop believing in themselves.” – Gabe Salazar
As a teenager, Gabe Salazar struggled to find his identity. Growing up in a single parent home that often did not make ends meet, Gabe was transferred from one school to another. At each new school, he ‘reinvented’ himself to fit in with whatever was popular and trendy at that campus.
Now Gabe speaks about these life experiences, captivating students with his genuine delivery and speaking candidly about teen culture. He provides strategies for overcoming obstacles in the classroom and beyond. He tells students that it’s not too late to turn things around for themselves.
Gabe believes a good message is like a good movie or a good song — it’s something you can hear over and over again.
- Gabe challenges each student to be purposeful with their choices, a resonating lesson that advocates for the whole child
- Students leave with boosted self-esteem, feeling empowered to recognize their potential both in and outside of the classroom, which can support social and academic success
- Gabe uses compelling stories to demonstrate the life-altering and destructive effects of drugs and alcohol, promoting campus prevention programs
- Being raised in a single family home, Gabe is proof that a strong family relationship is essential in the growth of a child regardless of their demographic
- He communicates his message effectively to parents of diverse backgrounds
- Gabe helps teachers understand how referrals may reflect a student’s desire for attention
- Gabe encourages teachers to provide healthy interventions for struggling students
Book a student assembly program with Gabe Salazar.
• Single poster for $10.00
• 5 posters for $37.00
• 6 or more posters – call Just Say YES Office
*Get the first poster free with a booked program!
Reviews of Gabe Salazar's Programs
“The presentation was amazing. Gabe understands the science behind public speaking. He was able to connect with the students through humor. He kep them engaged through real life experiences. He provided them with valuable information converning drugs and bullying. And most importantly he made students feel valued and value their own lives and experiences.”
~ Stephannie Johnson, Intervention Specialist, Forest Oak Middle School
“WOW, wow, wow! Gabe Salazar immediately engaged our students and never lost them during his entire presentation. He met the students exactly where they are from social and academic perspectives. His gift to be able to blend his personal experiences, values and purpose with a great sense of humor left our students with a better understanding as to why it is important to know your purpose, but more so to know that they have a purpose. He also went above and beyond the call of duty to take extra time to speak with students individually after the presentation. Several students have mentioned how much they appreciate what he had to say.”
~Lynne Gray, Director of Administrative, Health & Community Services, Focus Academy
“His jokes in the beginning really pulled the kids in and got them quickly engaged with his presentation. At the end of the presentation, we had several students and teachers in tears. I was very impressed with the kindness and compassion he showed our students!”
~ Middle School Counselor